POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : YMPRF final (~110k) : Re: YMPRF final (~110k) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 06:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YMPRF final (~110k)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 2 Aug 2001 09:22:36
Message: <3B6914F7.5D8E369A@inapg.inra.fr>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> BTW, I was too optimistic about my current test renders as the first one (with
> pretrace<1) is crawling at 150 points per minute. No answers (checking rule [2])
> until next Monday at best.

Much too optimistic... The second render just finished. The comparison was between a
pretrace_start/pretrace_end =1/1 render and a 0.08/0.01 one.
Note that the experiment was not scientific, because Povray was running in the
background with a low priority while I working with other CPU-consuming apps
(databases) during half of the renders. I also had to make a slight change on a
texture between the two renders (I guess with no effect on the render time).

- identical render times : 27h 46 min
- substracting the image shows some little differences (in the parts not touched by
the texture change) but final appearance could be said identical apart one
antialiasing problem with the 0.08/0.01 image.

Other rad params were :
count 400
error_bound 0.05
nearest_count 4
recursion_limit 1
low_error_factor 1
gray_threshold 0.15
minimum_reuse 0.015
brightness 1.5
adc_bailout 0.01/2
normal on

Attached: two PNG (extracts of the final images) of 58 kbu each.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'periph2.png' (58 KB) Download 'periph1.png' (58 KB)

Preview of image 'periph2.png'
periph2.png

Preview of image 'periph1.png'
periph1.png